Border crossing by foreigners and stateless persons
Foreigners and stateless persons enter Ukraine only when they have a passport and a certain type of visa, which is required by a current legislation or an international agreement, if there are no other requirements. Copies of passports, visas and other documents confirmed by a notary give no right to cross the state border.
Documents required for crossing the state border of Ukraine:
- Foreign passport;
- Document allowing returning to the country of citizenship or permanent residence (in case of the passport loss on the territory of Ukraine);
- Inner passport (only for citizens of Russian Federation);
- Ukrainian visa (for citizens of the countries which have visa regime of entering)
Attention! ID-card, which identifies the personality, gives no right to cross the State Border of Ukraine
The list of countries, citizens of which enter Ukraine without a visa
· EU countries
· CIS countries(with the exception of Turkmenistan)
· Bosnia and Herzegovina
· San Marino
· The USA
· Hong Kong
· South Korea
REGISTRATION AT THE CHECK POINT
The registration at the check point includes putting a mark «Entry» to the passport, immigration card or other document of a foreigner or stateless person stipulated by a current legislation, and his passport datas are put into a special register. Foreigners and stateless persons who have come to Ukraine are allowed to stay on its territory temporarily on the basis of their registration at the check point.
CONFIRMING OF FINANCIAL PROVISION AVAILABILITY
Entry, staying on the territory of Ukraine and also foreigners’ transit via its territory can be conducted only under the condition of available financial means or an opportunity to get such means in a legal way on the territory of
Checking of such financial position availability is conducted plenipotentiary inspectors of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine by choice in the case of performing the second line checks.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE LOST THE DOCUMENT FOR CROSSING THE BORDER
In the case of the passport loss foreigners and stateless persons must immediately inform the representatives of the country they enter, and militia organs are providing a special reference (certificate) confirming this fact. In this case the entry to Ukraine can be done with the document allowing returning to their own country which was issued in the Consular establishment of their own country.
Expedited border crossing procedure by tourist groups at automobile border crossing points
Border control of organized (tourist) groups of passengers is implemented in priority order on separate traffic lanes at automobile border crossing points.
To expedited border crossing procedure by organized groups the tour operators (tour agents), other economic agents and principals must:
1. Send a message (in txt. format) to e-mail address of the border crossing point to which the bus will arrive, but not later than 24 hours before the arrival of the bus to border crossing point. The following information should be mentioned:
For organized groups of foreigners:
- name of international traffic organizer of organized group, its legal address;
- e-mail of tour operator, phone number of point of contact;
- tourist route;
- bus number, date and intended time of arrival to border crossing point.
Add to the e-mail a list of passengers which should include following information:
- Name. (surname and name should be printed in Latin letters as in machine-readable zone of passport document)
- Type of document (should be printed as one letter-symbol that is situated on the first position of machine-readable zone and indicate type of passport, for example “P” – foreign passport)
- Number and series of passport document.
- Date, month and year of birth (in such format, for example 14MAY61)
- Sex (M-male, F-female).
- Expired date of passport document (12DEC22).
- State that issued passport document (PL)
- Type, number of visa for citizens of the countries which have visa regime for entering Ukraine (series and number).
Data about passengers should be divided by right slash and the list of passengers should have next outlook:
2. receive reply of border crossing point to their e-mail which will indicate demand order number, the most suitable time for the arrival of the bus to border crossing point, lane where border control of indicated organized group will be implemented.
Such response will be sent to the applicant not later than two hours after receipt of notification to the address of border crossing point.
3. after arriving to border crossing point to inform official of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine about demand order number for expedited border crossing procedure by organized group.
Expedited procedure of documents inspection of organized group will be held in the bus.
E-mails of border crossing points:
E-mails of border crossing points: